Our reserved matters planning application has received approval and we are now working through technical elements of the scheme prior to commencing development.
Newland Homes has maintained a dialogue with stakeholders since the site was granted planning permission in 2015 and has also continued to work with Austin Design Works (David Austin Architects) to incorporate comments and improvements to this bespoke, design led scheme which are summarised below.
- Development has been positioned significantly further up the slope of the site than suggested in our outline application
- Garden boundaries do not now extend to the site boundary, allowing the site to feel more open retaining views up the valley from the footpath
- A green corridor/open space has been increased adjacent the northern footpath, to open up this public route
- All homes are now exclusively two storeys (some were previously shown as three floor)
- Footpath links are provided through the site improving connectivity
This reserved matters application considers layout, appearance, landscaping and scale.
Proposals that respond positively to comments whilst retaining a design that is fitting for this special location.
Newland Homes will continue to discuss its plans for construction and traffic management in the coming months in advance of this being considered as part of a separate planning conditions application.