As a private building company, we thrive on the feedback we receive from our valued customers. As we develop each new home, we do so with the benefit of listening carefully and engaging with the items that matter to you the most. This is the reason why we have created a customer charter.
Creating a sustainable lifestyle alongside the building of your home is what inspires our strategy, shapes our curiosity and moulds our vision. We are proud of our commitment to our customers and we endeavour to support you at every stage throughout your home buying experience.
We aim to provide a professional and helpful service which is both efficient and useful. We have therefore created a specific set of principles for our employees to follow:
This is our promise to you. This is our Customer Charter:
1. Team support: From the very start of our relationship, our friendly team we will be here to support and guide you. We’ll carefully explain our reservation process and we will always be on hand to help with each new step as we progress things together. We’ll liaise with you about how things work with your solicitor and mortgage provider and we’ll talk to you about all aspects of your journey towards exchange of contracts and a smooth move in
2. Information: We will provide you with all the supporting information you need and we will talk you through our working drawings, engaging closely with regard to details such as your legal boundary lines, our landscaping layout and electrics
3. Construction: We will give you regular updates on the progress of build and likely physical completion time frame. It is important to understand that your build date can change, so we will be careful to convey this to you as it happens
4. Health and safety: We’ll provide you with a helping hand when it comes to understanding health and safety issues relating to visiting your home prior to completion and we’ll also advise you about the safe onward upkeep of your new home
5. Timeline: As time evolves, we will assist you with any issues which naturally arise, whether it be a mortgage, conveyance or general query. We will ensure any outstanding matters from our perspective are relayed to you and equally, we will assist you with any issues you encounter along the way. Rest assured we are in it together and it is always our aim to facilitate a smooth move in when the time is right, so we will be in regular communication about your anticipated move in date
6. Customer choices: Subject to the stage of construction at your time of purchase, we’ll welcome you to a meeting to discuss and help you to choose your options from our colour choice selections for kitchens, bathrooms and other relevant fixed items
7. Warranty information: We’ll make sure you have all the information to hand in respect of your 10 year New Homes warranty
8. New Home Demonstration: As your move in date gets closer, we will invite you to attend your New Home Demonstration. Here we will explain the working parts of your new home; we will explain all warranties pertaining to it and we will also identify with all the elements which become your responsibility once you have moved in
9. Customer Care: We’ll explain the handover to our Customer Care team, backed up by a full two year Newland Homes warranty which starts from your legal completion date
10. Helpful contacts: Whilst we hope that you won’t encounter any issues post move-in, we will ensure you are adequately prepared with key contacts to approach should you need help with routine service matters or in the case of an emergency
11. Customer complaints procedure: We are careful to maintain empathy and a keen customer focus so that we look after your best interests as outlined in the Consumer Code for Home builders. In addition, for complete peace of mind, we will provide you with access to our customer complaints procedure
12. Feedback: Your feedback is important to us. We thrive and improve through our ongoing customer dialogue and we regularly send out customer feedback questionnaires for this purpose. This gives you the opportunity to help us understand how it feels to live in a Newland home